Well done. A long time ago I decided to stop reading John Green's novels after having only read two of them because I determined his books were simply not for me. They felt too childish, and that I was not the intended audience. Yet after hearing him say this book was different from all the other fiction he had written, and the praise of the book he quoted in one of his videos promoting it, I decided to give him one last chance. I feel I must also disclose that the book having come out precisely on my birthday also positively influenced my decision to give this book a chance. Was it worth it? I am very pleased to report that yes, it most definitely was. Indeed this story felt different from his other works of fiction. A little more mature, and consequently a little more complex and interesting (to me). To be clear, this book is still primarily intended for a very young audience. But the feelings therein expressed were so beautifully put, that I am willing to concur with those who say that this may be John Green's best work of fiction yet. Which, in turn, has made me very interested in reading his non-fiction. Specifically, I cannot wait to read Everything is Tuberculosis. Plus, it is a very fast and easy read. So, if you were hesitating on whether you should give this book a chance, please do, I think you will like it.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario